Sunday 3 July 2011

Bzzzzzzzzzz

For the last month I have been receiving some rather lovely Bee blocks.
Now I'm quite new to virtual quilting bees. I've been a member of the do.Good Stitches Bee for about 6 months but so far I've just made the blocks and sent them off to be made into a quilt for a very good cause.

I joined the 3x6 Bee and we just completed a quarter and I got to receive blocks as well as make them -  WooHoo!!!! I asked for blocks to make a quilt for our camping trips, using primary colours. These are the lovely blocks I received.

I love all the blocks I received and I think it's really obvious how much thought and effort went into each of them. Here is a little close up of some of my favourite parts of some of those blocks.


I was lucky enough to get to be part of the Brit Bee on flickr and I got to be Miss June and asked my lovely Bees to make me 2 disappearing 9 patch blocks using Dream On by Urban Chiks and a little smidge of Cath Kidston. I am absolutely LOVING the beautiful blocks they have sent back :) I forgot to include my own blocks and I still have a couple of blocks to come back to me but this gives a little taste of just how delicious my quilt is going to be! Yay!!!


Next month in the do.Good Stitches Bee I get to be a quilter! I am very excited (and a bit nervous!) I am planning a very girlie quilt for Project Linus. Here is a little mosaic I am going to show my circle to give them inspiration. Dancing Girls and postage stamps!!!
details of each block can be found on flickr

What do you think? I think it is going to be a bit fabulous!!! And I think a boy version would be amazing too!
Hmmmm might get back to you on that........
Happy Sunday! :)

5 comments:

  1. I found your blog VIA Brit quilts Flickr group. You do really beautiful work my dear! That little doll quilt is stunning, and I'm going to need to buy some perle cotton now. :) I've signed up to follow, and you're welcome to come visit me, www.sewhappygeek.co.uk
    My name is Jenna and I'm in Southampton. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a lot of lovely things you are involved in. I'm following you after seeing your post on BritQuilts. Please come and visit me too at http://piecenpeace.blogspot.com
    hugs, Lis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Fi the Dream On blocks are looking fab altoghether - really summery! Love the dancing dolls - what a great idea, and your bee blocks are soo cute too! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your Brit Bee blocks look so great altogether, I am so pleased! You girlie quilt ideas are smashing too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bee blocks look great! I've always been nervous to participate in something like this for fear the blocks wouldn't suit one another, but that's absolutely not true here. This will be a very pretty quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love reading comments and I try hard to reply to them all, but I'm a busy Mum and sometimes there just aren't enough hours in the day. Please don't be offended if I don't reply :)
If you never receive a reply from me, please check you are not a no-reply commenter.