Saturday 20 April 2013

Well Hello


I'm just popping in to say Hello as I seem to be slowly sinking under a pile of fabric, half-finished projects and coursework and it feels like ages since I wrote a blog post!

My course is going really well and I'm managing to juggle kids, work, coursework and fit in a little bit of sewing, but blogging seems to be a step to far a lot of the time. But I've just arrived home from work to an empty house (well almost, Murphy was the welcoming committee) and thought I'd pop in here and show a little of what I've been up to :)


For years I've been wanting to make this quilt from the Moda Bake Shop. I just think it's brilliant! Recently the lovely Cindy from Fluffy Sheep Quilting asked some friends to help her out and make some little quilts to help show off the lovely fabric she stocks in her shop. I decided that it was the perfect chance to make that baby quilt.


While I was waiting for the fabric I'd chosen to come into stock I just couldn't wait to make that quilt so I made a girlie version using my very precious charm pack of Wonderland by Momo for Moda. The lovely Emily had tipped me off about where I could find some Hopdot from Heather Bailey's Nicey Jane and it arrived when I was thinking about background fabric. I think it's a match made in Heaven!





The prairie points are really easy to make and I think they just make this quilt so lively and fun! This quilt is now listed for sale in my Etsy shop in case anybody is interested :)


The fabric from Cindy has now arrived, and I think I will have a wee play about with that until my noise-makers return from a family party :)


Happy weekend!
Fiona x

19 comments:

  1. That Cindy, she's such an enabler ;o) Looks great though, and love those prairie point :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh look how you avoided the Prairie Points with the quilting!!!!!
    Looks beautiful; glad you got a bit of sewing and blogging time xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely, and I love the hopdot as a background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks really sweet. glad you managed some time to indulge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fiona it is a wonderful quilt and the quilting on it is gorgeous, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous quilt, and well done with juggling the studying with real life, I know how hard that is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to hear everything is going smoothly with juggling your courses with all the other stuff! I love this quilt and I am just going to have to work prairie points into my next quilt somehow! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello to you, too! And a lovely quilt made as well as everything else you do, well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely quilt and quilting. The prairie points are a really nice addition. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooo Wonderland by MoMo - an oldie but goodie! It's definitely a line I wish that I had bought at the time but I hadn't realised back then how quickly Moda brought stuff in & then moved onto the next line. Love this little quilt x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely! I made this quilt for a friend about four years ago! It is such a great pattern! And I love prairie points!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a lovely quilt Fiona and I can't wait to see it in Comma!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there stranger! Glad you are managing to keep all the plates spinning! Your baby quilt is so lovely! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the pinwheel quilt, especially in that fabric. It will be great with Comma too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved this when I saw you working on it on IG. I love the way the prairie points set off the pinwheels so well. It is just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This quilt is gorgeous! I used the same pattern to make my first ever quilt over 3 years ago and still love the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just beautiful! love the quilting and the colours.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love reading comments and I try hard to reply to them all, but I'm a busy Mum and sometimes there just aren't enough hours in the day. Please don't be offended if I don't reply :)
If you never receive a reply from me, please check you are not a no-reply commenter.