Monday 29 April 2013

The Single Girl...

A couple of years ago Katy, Nova and Megan ran a Quilt Along to make Denyse Schmidt's Single Girl Quilt. I jumped in with both feet, and made 2 cushions and a quilt top


One cushion was sent to a partner in the Pillow Talk Swap, the other belongs to my youngest boy and keeps his bum comfy while he's watching TV. The quilt top has been sitting in a bag at the bottom of my wardrobe since February 2011 because it is so big I just couldn't face basting it. 

I did come across it in November last year and told myself I really should get it finished, but it ended up back in the bag in the wardrobe.

Fast forward to last week when the lovely Emily announced that she was going to start offering a basting service! How exciting!!!! A couple of emails later and my Single Girl quilt top is going to head down to Emily's so she can work her magic and then send it back to me all ready for quilting!



I've pieced a backing and I'm getting wadding sent down to Emily too and I can't wait to finally get this thing basted! It's so exciting when bloggy pals think up brilliant schemes to make life easier! :)
Happy Monday
Fiona x

11 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I'm all for paying someone else to do some of the work for things I'm finding a drag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's great - I can't wait to see you starting to quilt it very soon. It's too lovely to be sitting at the bottom of your wardrobe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eee! This is so exciting! Love your quilting in the upper right photo. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Win win situation I reckon. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like the perfect plan

    ReplyDelete
  6. It will be one less job and one step closer to a finish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant backing too! Shame it couldn't just keep travelling down to Trudi's to get quilted! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! You get the quilt basted and Emily is getting customers. Perfect from both sides.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is going to be a beautiful quilt! I love to find an unfinished project like that and finish it up. Gorgeous backing too - I am looking forward to seeing the finished quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the backing you've chosen and sending it to Emily for basting sounds like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love reading comments and I try hard to reply to them all, but I'm a busy Mum and sometimes there just aren't enough hours in the day. Please don't be offended if I don't reply :)
If you never receive a reply from me, please check you are not a no-reply commenter.