Today I managed to get the binding sewn on the 3rd quilt I have made for the Siblings Together charity. I made this with a boy in mind and took ages to decide how to quilt it. In the end I decided that a quilt top was no use to anyone and just went with quite a large stipple. I think it adds a cozy texture, and I still don't know how else I would quilt it.
My Mum and Step Father donated money to buy the wadding in all 3 of the quilts I have made for the charity. This was my Step Father's idea. He used to be a foster carer when he was younger, and thought the charity is such a great idea he wanted to help in some way. A huge thankyou to both of them :)
You can see the other 2 quilts I have made here, and here, and the flickr group has a whole host a beautiful, amazing quilts. Hopefully all these quilts can bring a little bit of comfort to children in a situation I can't begin to imagine.
A big thankyou to Lynne who got the word out about the Siblings charity and gave the opportunity to be involved in such a worthwhile cause.
If anybody is interested in making a quilt for a child in need, Kate from Swim Bike Quilt is running 100 Quilts for Kids blog hop again this summer. You can find out more by clicking on the link below