So I did it again. I somehow accidentally started a new quilt.
I kind of deserved it, sort of. I managed to get (almost) caught up on Bee blocks and other things that had a deadline and once the decks were (almost) clear, I figured it was just fine to add another project to the teetering pile of half-done, almost-finished, barely started projects that clutter my house!
A while back I treated myself to a bundle of Bari J's beautiful LillyBelle line, and it has been sitting patiently waiting to play.
I love the 16 patch block and wrote a little tutorial for a 12" version for our do.Good Stitches group to make a 16 patch quilt a few months back (another unfinished quilt that is at the top of the pile!)
But I decided to follow Steffani's great tutorial, as recommended by the lovely Katy so it makes better use of the FQs that I have. It seems like everybody who has made one of these has marveled at how fast they come together, and it's true!
I really needed some mindless sewing today, something fast and easy so I could ignore my lovely, beautiful, but extremely annoying squabbling children. Our school holidays started 4 weeks ago and they are getting a bit sick of the sight of each other!
Anyway, I now have 20 blocks which will make a 56" x 70" quilt but I'm thinking I might want to go a bit bigger. I might pour myself a glass of wine, play at arranging my blocks, and raid my stash for a few more FQs.