Wednesday 27 March 2013

do.Good Stitches in the UK


I'm just popping in here quickly to let you know that Rachel of Stitched in Color is forming a new circle of do.Good Stitches that will be based in the UK.

I've been involved with do.Good Stitches for more than 2 years now and I think it's a great way to do a little bit for some very worthy causes. I've got to know some lovely people in the time I've been in the Joy Circle and we've made some beautiful quilts that have hopefully brought a bit of comfort when it's needed.

If anybody is interested in finding out more you can visit the main Flickr group here, or have a look at this blog post from Rachel last year. Rachel is looking for active Flickr-users who enjoy a modern quilt style.  Those that are interested can register here.

I think a UK based circle is brilliant, as we can keep postage costs down and make quilts that will be donated to local communities. If anybody has any questions about it, I will do my best to answer :)

Fiona x

PS. Thanks for all the lovely comments on my last post! I haven't replied to any of you yet, but I will :)


9 comments:

  1. That is an absolutely brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will follow it up a bit more, have been wondering about joining but am a little worried about the time commitment. Thanks for all the info. juliex

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a fab idea and if this had happened last year I'd have been signing up like a shot. But alas to much in a state of flux at the moment to commit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do Good makes such wonderful quilts. wonderful to expand

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic idea! What better way to bring a smile to some faces! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! I've sent my form in :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love reading comments and I try hard to reply to them all, but I'm a busy Mum and sometimes there just aren't enough hours in the day. Please don't be offended if I don't reply :)
If you never receive a reply from me, please check you are not a no-reply commenter.