Tuesday 1 May 2012

Zakka Style with a twist of Liberty


I used some gorgeous Liberty scraps that I bought from the lovely Jo at The Organic Stitch to make the pencil case from the Zakka Style Book compiled by Rashida Coleman-Hale as part of the Zakka Style Sew Along The dark fabric is Kona Laurel and is a very dark purpley navy. Mine is going to be a glasses case for me, and I just love it!

Here it is with my specs to give an idea of the size.


This such a great little project. I'm going to make another one but slightly bigger for my sewing shears. I'll make it using linen and some more of my beloved Mendocino to match my sewing kit from last week.

Happy May Day :)
Fiona x

16 comments:

  1. That is very pretty. Love the Kona with the Liberty prints.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I love it!! Those little birds are adorable and the prints are gorgeous! Very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous - I love a bit of Liberty for a small make. Or a big one come to that ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous colours. Best dressed glasses around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I`m in a Liberty mood at the mo - your glasses case is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, a shears case to match your sewing kit will be fabulous! Thse are such great little pouches (gorgeous Liberty too!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great pouch, love your idea of keeping your glasses in it. Very stylish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thats really pretty makes me wont to make one

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh so pretty! Love the fussy cutting too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty - I need a slightly larger one for my rotary cutter too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love liberty - i'm collecting them to make a liberty jack one of these days - your specs case is very stylish :) ps - love your siblings quilt from the previous post - fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, it looks beautiful! I love seeing all the creations that come from my scraps, it's really inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG I absolutely adore this, it's ridiculously pretty

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is lovely, I have some liberty bits, great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love reading comments and I try hard to reply to them all, but I'm a busy Mum and sometimes there just aren't enough hours in the day. Please don't be offended if I don't reply :)
If you never receive a reply from me, please check you are not a no-reply commenter.