Wednesday 12 October 2011

Tumbling

I made a big floor cushion a while back that my youngest son immediately claimed as 'His Cushion' When my older son and daughter came from from school that day they both announced that they really really needed one each too. It's taken me a few weeks but I have finally made my big boy a floor cushion of his own.

Giant Tumbler Cushion

I really like the Tumbler Pillow tutorial that Katy wrote for Fat Quarterly. I made my template bigger, to make full use of the charm pack I had. (I think I made it 4.5" high and 5" wide at the bottom) So my cushion is big at 25" square. As soon as he saw it my Big Boy announced he loved it, and I think he really does :)

My Big Boy with his cushion

I used a charm pack of Circa 1934 by Cosmo Cricket and some random black and white dotty fabric I had in my stash.

Another Elephant :)

I've also made another little elephant. This one isn't for me either, and my daughter wants one too. Hopefully I'll get faster at making them the more I make :) I really like the fabric I used for this one. Nicey Jane by Heather Bailey. The pattern is also by Heather Bailey and is called Effie and Ollie.

Happy Wednesday!
Fiona x

12 comments:

  1. What a great cushion - I love the spotty fabric (and the grin on his face!). Another lovely elephant - how big are they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww Fi thats sooo cute! Your wee man is clearly chuffed with his cushion! Naturally tho, its lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Fi!!! Circa 1934 is just gorgeous, I think I love every print in that line. Its so sophisticated for the little man :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that grin on your son's face. Makes all the sewing worth while, doesn't it. Great pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely pillow and I love the elephants.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superb!
    I have been playing with my Circa 1934 today too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love how that floor cushion turned out (another I need to go round your house and swipe!) Love the elephant too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that wee elephant is sooooo cute! I love elephants. And what a fab cushion for your son, really boyish without being too young either - it will grow with him. Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your elephant is adorable! I think it's awesome that your kiddies are so excited about the things you make. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think he loves it too! I would as well - absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That one happy wee boy! and rightly so! It's beautiful, as is Ellie :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab cushion, love that Cosmo Cricket fabric! The ellie is very cute too, no wonder they're in demand!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love reading comments and I try hard to reply to them all, but I'm a busy Mum and sometimes there just aren't enough hours in the day. Please don't be offended if I don't reply :)
If you never receive a reply from me, please check you are not a no-reply commenter.