I've missed the last few rounds of the FAL. I got totally overwhelmed with my massive to-do list and couldn't face making a list of stuff that I knew I probably wouldn't work on. But I've realised those projects aren't going to finish themselves are they? So here goes
1. My Brit Bee round 2 quilt. I have the most beautiful pile of blocks and the lovely Sarah has guilted me into putting this top of my list ;)
2. my St Louis 16 Patch quilt. I love this quilt and have already added an extra row as I wasn't happy with the square shape. I've got backing fabric and just need to get it basted and quilted.
3. My Scrap Vomit Quilt. I think I might have lost the plot a bit with this one. It was actually quilted, but I wasn't happy with the backing fabric I used (a flannel sheet that I dyed a hideous colour) or the quilting so I ripped out all the quilting and binned the offending backing, so it has regressed back to being a quilt top.
4. Moving swiftly on...
My Fat Quarter Shop BOM 2012 blocks need to become a quilt top. I'm trying to decide on a layout for these blocks, and I'm considering making a second version of each block so the quilt is bigger, I've got plenty of fabric and I really enjoyed making the blocks. I really wish I'd made 2 of each one as I went along, but that's a lesson learned!
5. I started a scrappy Tumblers quilt on a whim months ago, and fell out of love with it halfway through making the quilt top. I'd really like to get this one finished and onto my bed!
6. My Brit Bee round 1 quilt. The lovely Emily basted this for me and I've started hand quilting this. I would really really like to get this finished.
7. My FFA2 Dresdens quilt. I think this might be my oldest WIP. I started this when Lynne did her dresdens QAL and loved making it, but once I basted it I fell out of love. I'm hand quilting this one too and I'm hoping I'm going to love it again once I finish the quilting.
8. My Recess quilt. This was another one I started on a whim and loved making it. I'm hand quilting this one too and got bored. I need to get this finished up because I really love the fabric!
9. My freshcut quilt. I was hoarding this fabric for so long and finally decided to use it in a quilt. Once I finished the quilt top I didn't like it at all and I've ripped out some bits and it's been sitting sadly ever since.
10. My Row Along Quilt. I started this QAL that Lori Holt hosted, but I think I got bored and it got abandoned. I love the fabric and either want to use what I've made so far to make something - a baby quilt maybe? Or make the rest of the rows and get it finished!
Now that I look at that list, I think there's no way I'll manage it all, but if I even get a couple of things done then that's better than none :) There's also a bit of a theme going on there: start something on a whim and either get bored of it, or not like it anymore once it's a quilt top :(
Maybe I'll love them again if I ever do get them finished.
Thanks to the lovely Leanne for hosting the FAL!