Sunday 21 October 2012

A hand-stitchy kind of week

It's been a hand-stitchy kind of a week this last week. I won't bore you with all the details but when I got out of bed on Monday morning I fell over as soon as I stood up. It pretty much went downhill from there. Another attack of labyrinthitis perfectly timed for the school October holidays :( we were supposed to be going to stay with my Mum for the week but it wasn't to be.

Instead she spirited the kids away for a few days (Thankyou Mum xxx) and I have spent the week in bed. After a few days I was able to sit up enough to do a bit of hand stitching and that's what's been keeping me sane(ish)
First of all I hand-stitched a keyfob for my Mouthy Stitches partner (triple-stitched to make it good and sturdy!) Embroidery pattern is by the amazing Lilipopo


Then I worked on my EPP Bee blocks


Did a bit more quilting on my Loulouthi quilt (yes it's covered in dog-hair - I took pity on my poor attention starved puppy and let him curl up next to me while I stitched this)


and my favourite :) This has cheered me up! The lovely Susan cut these fabrics for me months ago after I fell in love with this beauty made by Michelle I like Orange Too, and just had to make one of my own. I've been scared to put them together and quilt it because I was scared I would mess it up. This is the very last bits of some of my most treasured fabrics! Luckily it seems to have gone okay (or at least if it hasn't, I still can't see straight enough to realise!!!)

I'm feeling a bit better now and managed to watch a tiny bit of TV with the kids last night. Paul O'Grady - for the Love of Dogs My little lovelies waited for me to feel better so we could watch it together on Sky+ :)

And there have been benefits to being poorly. I've got an early start on my Christmas weightloss - I've lost 6lbs!

Hope you've had a good week :)
Fiona x

24 comments:

  1. Aw Fi, so sorry to hear you've had such a rotten week! Your hand stitching is gorgeous, but I'm sure you would much rather be up on your feet feeling right as rain! Hope you get back to normal soon. Hugs, Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you poor thing! Labyrinthitis sounds miserable. So good of your family to rally for you, you've done well training them, it seems! Love the sewing you've done in the meantime; get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you soon feel much better! Labyrinthitis sucks! You've got some very pretty stitchery going on :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. bless you!!! Feel better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done for keeping so busy even though you were poorly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Fiona - it all sounds horrible!! Really hope you are feeling better. I am very envious of your Loulouthi quilt and I still have Helen's blocks to make! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry you missed your vacation week and have been feeling so poorly! I love all your stitchy progress, especially that lovely little princess. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you're feeling better - that sounds miserable. Yay for great moms, right? I was wondering if you could tell me the name of the pattern, or where i can get it, for the last quilt you show a pic of. I tried to find Michelle of I like orange, too, but her blog has been removed. Thanks in advance for any direction you can send me in. I LOVE your quilt, and hers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The key fob is beautiful and all the hand stitching looks incredible! Sorry you've not been well and I hope you're better very soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely lot of work. Sorry you didn't get to your mum's, but good that she was able to look after the children for you. Hope you keep feeling better. Juleix

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow your DP quilt is spectauclar!
    Please feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry to hear you have not been well! Thank heavens for Mums! Your key fob is adorable! And all your other projects are lovely! Get better real quick now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh poor you, that sounds horrid and so badly timed too. Glad you are starting to feel better. Love all the projects you have been working on

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pleased to hear you are feeling a bit better. The key fob is absolutely stunning, and the hand quilting on your other projects is coming along beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh heck, poor you - hope you lose the wobbles soon (and I am not talking more weight-loss!) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh dear sorry to hear it's back again. It's no fun. I've been dizzy the last two mornings I've turned over in bed. I keep thinking yeah that's enough of that. Your sewing is gorgeous though. I'm adding the drunkards path quilt to the must steal list ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am glad to hear things are looking up and at least you have quilty project to snuggle under and work on.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope you feel better soon - you stitch beautifully even when you're feeling awful *true quilter*

    ReplyDelete
  19. I didn't know you suffered from labyrinthitis. I used to too and know how awful this can be. Got be patient with yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Eeeeek! To much gorgeousness to know what to comment on. Love it all. Glad you are starting to feel a wee bit better. And how do you lose weight in bed. I would have gained 6lbs!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ugh, sorry about the ick! I've had it 3 times, so I know how un-fun it is... Hope you're feeling better soon, but love what you've been working on from your sick bed

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your EPP and the quilted circles ; )

    ReplyDelete
  23. well that is just about the sweetest key fob! ahhh and handstitching quilts-- well that is just going to be so pretty when you are done!

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh so sorry you've been sick like I was...icky! Hope you are feeling back to normal soon! LOVE the key fob! So so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love reading comments and I try hard to reply to them all, but I'm a busy Mum and sometimes there just aren't enough hours in the day. Please don't be offended if I don't reply :)
If you never receive a reply from me, please check you are not a no-reply commenter.