I really wanted to practice my FMQ with this quilt and decided to try something different. I found Leah Day's tutorial for Dresden Daisies which she described as easy. and though it might work well with this if I made it bigger as an all-over patten.
I went to a lovely sewing day last week at Jo Bearpaw's shop and had the BEST time and took this quilt along to try a little FMQ demo (don't know why I agreed to do an FMQ demo because I don't have a clue!!!... anyway)
The lovely Jenny (who doesn't have a blog but is Sarah Narcoleptic in a Cupboard's Mum) and Katy both had a wee go at quilting this too, and doesn't it look lovely??? I think they look like scribbly daisies :)
I really really love this quilt! I love that 10 women from all over the world made blocks for it, and 3 Scottish women had a hand in quilting it. The backing and binding were donated by the lovely, generous Jo who blogs at A Life in Lists, and has a gorgeous Etsy shop. She offered fabric to charity quilters for free and refused to to take money for postage! She reckons she sent me a "pile of crap", but look Jo, look at how lovely your "pile of crap" makes this quilt top!!! :)
This lovely quilt, and it's predecessor are destined for Project Linus, in Glagow in Scotland. I think they will end up finding new homes with children who are attending my local Children's hospital. I really hope they brighten up a difficult time in a child's life (and the life of the child's family)
I had a couple of days down at my Mum's too and it was lovely. It looked a bit like this
and this :)