Friday 17 August 2012

Busy busy

So things have been a wee bit quiet here on the blog. I have been pretty busy though.


First of all the new school term started this week and I am now officially old enough to have 3 kids at school!  Eeeeek! My youngest boy is thrilled to bits to finally be a "schoolie" and a proper part of the gang :)


I made a plus quilt. I've been wanting to make one of these since I first saw this one pop up on Jeni's blog, and I used her great tutorial for reference, but I made mine using a layer cake and charm pack of Aneela Hoey's Sherbet Pips line. This quilt is a commission for the big sister of this quilt's owner, and I'm hoping she'll love it.


There was a very special birthday. My Granny celebrated her 90th birthday! It was a lovely day. 4 generations getting together with only one family member who couldn't make it in person, but who managed to be there for part of the time virtually via the wonders of Skype!

I also suffered another attack of the dreaded Labyrinthitis a couple of days after putting my back out. NOT a fun time. Lots of painkillers and trying not to fall over! But I'm pretty much better again thankfully.

So now the question is, what am I going to do with all this time whilst my babies are all at school? I think there may be some more sewing in my future! Yay!!!

Have a great weekend
Fiona x

14 comments:

  1. Aw don't they look all grown up in their uniforms. LOVE your plus quilt (on my to do list also!) and congrats to your Nan! Isn't it so lovely when all the generations can come together to celebrate! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bunch of cuties! Plus quilt is fab :-) I cant wait to see all the goodies you come up with now - especially looking forward to a bee quilt or two ;-) hehehe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look lovely in their uniforms - I hope the return (and start!) has gone well! Happy birthday Fiona's granny!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't go back til next week - the gloom is just about to set in!

    LOVE the plus quilt (it looks even better quilted!) and go, Granny! Mine is 89 (my eldest one, Grandma is only (!) 86) and I do so hope we get the chance for a picture like yours next year.

    Enjoy your free time! I may be a touch envious here. How's the pooch?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great back to skool photo! I have a plus quilt on my list too make. I have a layer cake and charm pack of it's a hoot destined to become a quilt for my mum and this might be a good pattern to do when I get a new sewing machine. Hope you're nan had a great birthday - lovely family shot and so fab when all the generations can come together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh thats a big milestone: all at school!! Great photo-roll on all that extra sewing time

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your kids are gorgeous - and your wee girl looks just like you. Hope they're all having fun. Mine went back on Wednesday and the younger two are shattered already. It must be such a strange feeling when the littlest starts.......thankfully I have another four years but I bet they'll fly in.
    Have fun with your time at home. Yay! Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots going on in your house then. Wish it all had been good and hope you are fighting fit again. Now, enjoy the sewing time! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, bugger on the labyrinthitis, I've had it 3 times, and never fun!

    Yay on the plus quilt, and love the first day at school pic, not least because one white knee sock is already headed south :oD

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I am so jealous, we still have 2 weeks to go! Lovely photo of all your kids off to school - your daughter is a real mini-me isn't she?! No excuses now for anything except a ton of sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those kids look full of mischief.
    Love the plus quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't think we have labyrinthitis in Canada - at least I had not heard of it until I read about on the blogs in the UK and maybe our doctors have not caught up to yours? I love how much your children look like their beautiful mom and how wonderful to have the family to celebrate with your gran.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Are you the cutest mama in the world with those three cheeky monkeys? Look at them all sweet in the unis. Love it. Love the family photo with Granny. Looks like you had a great day! Take good care of yourself, please.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your children could not be anymore precious in their school uniforms! I love it. Your family photo is lovely - what a special occasion & how nice for you all to be together. Loving the plus quilt, too - it is on my list to make some day. Hope you are feeling better soon, it sounds like you've had quite a rough time, so I do hope it has turned the corner. take care!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love reading comments and I try hard to reply to them all, but I'm a busy Mum and sometimes there just aren't enough hours in the day. Please don't be offended if I don't reply :)
If you never receive a reply from me, please check you are not a no-reply commenter.