Wednesday 21 December 2011

Festive Sewing

I started this week freaking out about the amount of things I had committed to making for Christmas. Every year I over-commit and end up freaking out and stressing. This year is no different!

BUT, I have sewn up a storm in the last couple of days. Look what I've been making.....

IMG_1337

Sprocket pillows from one of my favourite tutorials from Cluck Cluck Sew

ORB Dresden Cushions

Dresden cushions for my Mum made following the Old Red Barn Dresden QAL
Embroidery patterns are from the Clover and Violet Embroidery 101

IMG_1327

A Colorbrick quilt for my Step Father, who was a builder before he retired and still admires the brickwork in the Colorbrick quilt I made my daughter a year ago. (I don't like my Step Father's one, I rushed it and I'm not keen on the fabric I chose for him, but I think he will love it)

IMG_1342

I think it looks quite impressive all piled up :)

I made another 2 cushions and some ornaments, but forgot to take photos before I dashed to the Post Office to get them in the mail on time!

I've just got a bag and a wall-hanging to go!

Sew Fiona, Sew!!!!!

Happy Wednesday (it is Wednesday isn't it?)
Fiona x

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous makes! Now..... relax!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely stack of gifts - I think my New Years resolution should be to start in June. Like you, I had all kinds of ideas in my head, but unlike you - they didn't come to life. We will see what the next 72 hours can produce!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy moly woman! That sure is a productive pile! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are having some fun making all those beautiful things. I have been known to gift the unfinished item and then take it back to finish, or gift a photo or drawing of the finished item with an iou, just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you've been seriously busy. I love all your pillows. So wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy cow!! Sew Fiona sew indeed, thats mighty impressive :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How on earth have you managed this when you haven't been well. Did you have your sewing machine in bed?!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! These are amazing Fi! See what you can do under pressure? The sprockets are so fun and I love your step dad's quilt. I'm seeing so many dresden cushions around blogland it's seriously tempting me to have a go! Yours are stunning! Well done! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love those cushions, especially the sprockets - they are awesome, and so are you x

    ReplyDelete
  10. WTG, you're doing so well! I managed to finish the embroidery part of my last big project, so I just need to sash it and back it, and then whip up 2 scarves, an iPod cover, a mug rug and hostess box and a pin cushion tomorrow... We can do this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've got loads done! Great makes, they look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't forget to breathe! The cushions and quilt look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love reading comments and I try hard to reply to them all, but I'm a busy Mum and sometimes there just aren't enough hours in the day. Please don't be offended if I don't reply :)
If you never receive a reply from me, please check you are not a no-reply commenter.