Sunday 17 April 2016

Farmers Wife 1930s Quilt - May

Hello! It's my turn again in Kerry's 1930s Farmer's Wife Quilt Along and this week I've made number 61 the May block.


I really like this block. The larger pieces are great for fussy cutting, and I think it's looks like quite a complex block but there are relatively few pieces. I think it's a block with a lot of impact depending on what fabrics you choose.


I decided to stick to the colours that Laurie Aaron Hird used because I think they're really pretty and I couldn't resist fussy cutting those sweet bunnies and kittens from Elea Lutz's Milk Flower Sugar line.



I'm English paper piecing my blocks so sometimes I'm able to reduce the number of seams in a block and this was one of those happy blocks! I used just one piece for each of the yellow diamonds which makes just 16 pieces in this block.


I also love the letter behind this block. My Mum's name is May and I think the letter tells us something very important about being a Mum and what can be very important to children.


All in all this is one of my favourite blocks that I've made so far and now it gets added to my slowly growing pile of blocks :)


Thanks for visiting! 
Fiona x

8 comments:

  1. I really like how your colours and prints echo the block from the book, lovely Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty block Fi! But then all your blocks are so pretty! Great choice of fabrics. Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is so pretty . . . can't wait to see your finished project :) I don't get much quilting done this time of year . . . the garden and yard are always calling my name, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.Thank you so much.
    clipping path service
    Background Removal Service

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love reading comments and I try hard to reply to them all, but I'm a busy Mum and sometimes there just aren't enough hours in the day. Please don't be offended if I don't reply :)
If you never receive a reply from me, please check you are not a no-reply commenter.