Thursday 2 May 2013

A cunning plan...

I've been flat out writing an assignment that was due in today. I submitted it very early this morning and decided to reward myself with a day of sewing anything I wanted.


This morning I hatched a cunning plan. I decided to unpick a pair of my favourite PJs and use the pieces to make myself some lovely new ones using some of the Heather Ross Clothespin People print I've been saving for a while.

   
The unpicking went well and I realised that I didn't need both legs. Just one leg is enough to use as a pattern.


One thing led to another and before I knew it, I had made myself a Noodlehead divided basket with the spare leg and a half yard of fabric and other bits and bobs I had in my stash.


I'm ridiculously happy with my new basket! It's a fantastic pattern and I really love the Pyjama fabric. It's lovely and soft and worn. Making something new and pretty out of something old makes me happy, and I still have the other leg and a pair of PJs to make :)

I think I might be having a 'Me' sewing day tomorrow too :)

Happy Wednesday!
Fiona x

19 comments:

  1. Good for you! Sounds like a lovely day. The basket turned out great in the pj fabric and I can't wait to see the new pants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're just right! Upcycling is so satisfying! Your wee basket is adorable. Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! Love both the new and the old fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You crack me up! What a great way to celebrate :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to spend the day and using old pjs too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love these kinds of sewing days!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see why you're so smitten with your basket - it's lovely. Those fabrics look beautiful together and I really like the very neat strip along the front and on the handles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous! well done getting your assignment in and making a beautiful basket!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The basket is gorgeous and even better that you upcycled the pjs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a fantastic idea, Fiona. I just love your resourcefulness and ingenuity, gorgeous basket.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sounds like the best sort of day! Your basket is just beautiful and I can't wait to see the new jammies!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You deserve the 'Me' days - wonderful basket, and potentially superb, wear-them-all-day jammies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have sewn a beautiful basket. I love up cycling! Enjoy your sewing days. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I totally get the ridiculously staisfying upcycling sewing thing - enjoy your basket - it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great idea! I've been pondering unpicking some jammie bottoms too today

    ReplyDelete
  16. so lovely to use the old pajama fabric! I can just imagine how soft it must be!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like the perfect day and love the basket. I always used to reward myself with sewing time when I was studying and revising: it was the only thing that kept me going!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great upcycling project! Your basket is delightful !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love reading comments and I try hard to reply to them all, but I'm a busy Mum and sometimes there just aren't enough hours in the day. Please don't be offended if I don't reply :)
If you never receive a reply from me, please check you are not a no-reply commenter.