Friday 4 May 2012

Siblings Together Quilts - Chapter 3


I've rustled up another quilt top for the Siblings Together charity. For this one I used a bundle of Kona solids that was very kindly sent to me by the lovely Katy. I added in some of the scraps from my previous Siblings quilt top to add some little flashes of colour.

Again, I've made this one with a teenage boy in mind, and I'm anxiously awaiting my oldest boy getting out of school to get his verdict on it. Who would have known the opinion of an 8 year old would matter so much when making a quiltthat's not even for him? :)

Here are a couple of snaps of Murphy. I swear he's 3 times the size he was a couple of weeks ago, and he has also transformed into the Tasmanian Devil!


Have a great weekend!
Fiona x

13 comments:

  1. That quilt top is perfect for a boy! By the looks of Murphey he is put out at your stopping him from chewing your quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I think it looks great and boy-ish anyway :oD Look at that face inthe last pic though, Tasmanian Devil? Never... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pops of colour and Murphy is just gorgeous even if he is the Tasmanian Devil!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilt looks great and Murphy is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the quilt top - hope it got the thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gordon Bennet Murphy ain't half growing! Fabulous boy quilt Fi! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gordon Bennet, Murphy ain't half growing! Fabulous boy quilt Fi! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. My 14 year old boy approves, you are good to go. I think it is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When did that pup grow up ! ?? I looked back at your pics and the first was beginning of April!

    The quilt is lovely ....but not as cute! Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what was the verdict?! I think it's fab! really cool :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope he liked it! I do, for sure! The colours and the design really speaks to me! Great job and a good cause, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Murphy's so cute!! Love the boy quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love reading comments and I try hard to reply to them all, but I'm a busy Mum and sometimes there just aren't enough hours in the day. Please don't be offended if I don't reply :)
If you never receive a reply from me, please check you are not a no-reply commenter.