Thursday 9 February 2012

Ahoy There!

Firstly Thankyou for all your comments on the Fuglies that I offered up for re-homing :) All the swap ones are now spoken for and I'll be drawing for the others on the 14th Feb.

IMG_1626

I've finished the boat quilt for my oldest son. He seems quite pleased with it :)

IMG_1631

I asked him to take it outside so I could get a picture of it and when I followed him out he was all rolled up in it, lying along the garden bench!

I'm not overly delighted with the quilting on this one. I decided to try out washable wool wadding and I don't think I used enough basting pins. I found it really hard to quilt and there are a fair few puckers and wrinkly bits that shouldn't be there, but my big boy is happy with it, and hopefully the wool will be lovely and warm in winter and cool in summer.

The backing is just random strips of blue and red that I had in my stash, but I forgot to take a photo of the back.

Happy Thursday
Fiona x

17 comments:

  1. I really like the quilting. It has a lot of wave-like movement in it, perfect for a beachy-sea quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks so cute all wrapped up in it. It is a lovely quilt and has the right amount of boyishness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Curled up in a quilt is where life it just prefect! You've made a winner! It is super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quilting! Love it. It's perfect for this quilt. Look at your little love all curled up. You have made his day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the quilt and I love the smile on his face even more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's one v.snuggly quilt - lovely to see your son's happy face poking through! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, you don't hang about, do ya?!? That is a cracking quilt - so boyish but still really lovely to look at. I love red/white/blue (my Staind QAL is going to be these colours) and that looks like a very happy kid! So job done, Mum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab quilt Fiona!! He looks very happy indeed with his new quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great quilt and fab look on your boys face! He certainly loves his new quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the quilting looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the quilting and your son is plainly over the moon with it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A wonderful sight of happiness in a bundle! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh, love the wavy quilting, perfect! Himself seems thrilled with it too :o)

    PS, you've been tagged for a Liebster Award http://thelittlestthistlecraftshop.blogspot.com/2012/02/bloggy-love-and-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. the best photo is where he's snuggled up and smiling - exactly the best reaction - gorgeous quilt fiona

    ReplyDelete
  15. This has turned out to be wonderful, and clearly your son love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the colours in this and the middle panel looks really nice. I think it looks great

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yeah he really loves it and that's what count the most but it is a great quilt - one any sailor loving son would be proud to have on his bunk!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love reading comments and I try hard to reply to them all, but I'm a busy Mum and sometimes there just aren't enough hours in the day. Please don't be offended if I don't reply :)
If you never receive a reply from me, please check you are not a no-reply commenter.